Thursday 20 November 2008

Next week, next week


The photo above is of Shaun (hubby) after this year's NYC marathon. He set his PR there of 2:43:something on what was a great day. A week later he did Silverman full and came second in his age group. Well I am so excited that I will see him next week - he is coming to London. 

Although we've been married for over 6 years our marriage is not your typical (at the moment at least). But still for us it is brilliant. He is a British Army officer currently posted to West Point. I am a lawyer working in London.... When he got posted to West Point we were planning for me to join him. But somehow it never happened. My good job and great salary meant that we could afford our gear (this sport is expensive) and all out travels so we've decided to keep it going for as long as we could. And we are nearly there - 7 months left. 

It certainly wasn't easy and I have flown an enormous number of flights, spending my time between London and West Point. At least 2-3 times a month. It was pretty tiring to say the least but I am so happy now because next week he is flying over for few days. It will be so much fun, I can't wait. 

Looking forward to it darling!

1 comment:

rr said...

Holy crapola - 2:43 is incredible. Will hubby come wear my chip at Honolulu in three weeks?? ;)