Friday 30 October 2009

Weekend with Dave

Shaun is away on army exercise. He's been away for two weeks and should be back home on Friday next week. The rumour was that the batallion would have a day off on Saturday and I was planning to drive down to Warminster, which is 3 hours away, to spend at least couple of hours with Shaun. I do miss him. However, the new rumour (army wives' rumour network is a powerful machine - which I hate, by the way) is that there is no day off.

So it seems that I will spend the weekend at home training. Hopefully, I will see Dave during my run along the beach. Having Shaun here would be perfect.

6 comments:

Charisa said...

Ohhhh bummer no day off! That seems unfair!

I hope you see Dave the dolphin while training! Have a fun weekend!!

D said...

Ummmm... time for you to tell the story about Dave.

TriGirl Kate O said...

Two weeks is a long time! Do tell Dave's story...did you see him?

Pedergraham said...

I hope the rumor network is wrong (but if the British Army is like the American one, the wives always know before the husbands!) Hope you dry out from your soggy ride.

Kim said...

Aweee.. hope you get to see your hubby soon!! That cracks me up about the "rumor network" I believe it though.. hummmm...little package went in the mail today after all those weeks of inhabiting my desk.. I wonder what it could be :)

IAN said...

I have 2 questions:

1. From the sign it appears "Dave" is female. So why did the powers that be (that raises 2 other questions, see 1(a)& (b)) name her "Dave"?
1(a) who named her;
1(b) from where do they derive the power to do so.
2. People actually swim in the ocean and jet ski over there? BBBBrrrrrrrrrrrr.....