Monday, 21 February 2011

I really need to be better at trying to keep this blog alive. I am slacking and I know it. But truth to be told there is really not much happening in our household. The week before last I first had an adductor injury which left me in pain and limping for couple of days. Then I got ill. I knew something was happening on Wednesday afternoon as I left work at 5.30 pm (very early for me) and went straight home and straight to bed. I kept waking up in the middle of the night with high temperature and a really really sore throat. I ended up not going to work on Thursday and Friday and by Monday I was feeling much better. Needless to say no training was done during that time but by Monday last week I was ready and motivated to get back into training. But those two days being at home and not working made me really appreciate my job. Gosh I would go mad if I had to stay at home the whole day - I am really bad at keeping myself entertained at times.

So last week it was back to work and back to training. The training part is going ok. I have managed to get most of my workouts in and that motivates me even more. I am beginning to like my new swim squad although the knowledge that we will live here only until July/August makes me not wanting to really get stuck into club life.

Work has been OK. I am still working on my never-ending transaction that has been going on since July last year. Last week I witnessed real incompetence shown by lawyers on the other side and it really made me wonder who gave them law degrees and practising certificates.

In other news Shaun and I are trying to get more sleep these days. We are both well known in our friends' circles for being notoriously bad at getting enough sleep. Part of it is because we are so busy all the time and just don't have enough time to do it all but also part of it is because we are just not disciplined enough to make ourselves go to bed early. So this weekend I was on a mission. I made us go to bed before 10 pm on Friday and on Saturday morning we were up early and done with our workouts by 10 am. Well, let me tell you, that is a first for us. We normally go to bed late on a Friday and then in an effort to catch up on some sleep do not normally get out of bed before 10 am. But this weekend we realised that if we are just a bit more disciplined we can have far more fun at weekends. By getting up early and getting our workouts out of the way we had time to go into town, enjoy the local market and sit in a coffee shop drinking coffee and reading paper for couple of hours. It was wonderful. And then we did a repeat on Sunday and by having our workouts done first thing in the morning we had time to go to a local bistro and have lovely lunch. So needless to say, our sleep pattern will be changing.


Molly said...

So sorry you were sick but great job on the added sleep - it really does help!

bob said...

I'm all about the sleep. With Joe not here I have no compunction about going to bed at 8:30 or 9--sometimes before the kids! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Yeah, the sleep is so imperative. The only way I an do all of this Triathlon training is to get at least 8 hours of sleep and that usually means in bed by 9pm! If I don't I cannot recover and/or get sick! Glad you are getting more sleep!!!

SSB said...

Sleep is my favorite part of triathlon :-)

Steve said...

I have been waiting to add you to my list. I just never really felt like I had a good entry post to comment. We read a lot of the same people, and I have been wanting to add for a while. :)

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!! I always like to add new bloggers. :)

Good Luck this year, I will be following along. :)