Tuesday 8 February 2011

Medals, parades and other stuff

Well not much and at the same time a lot has been happening. Work is busy as usual. I have been working on a particular transaction for over six months now and every time we think we are near the end something else happens or the lawyers on the other side have more comments, blah, blah, blah. The lawyers on the other side have been driving me absolutely mad.

Anyway, I haven't been feeling that great last week. I don't like this time of the year because I always feel sick - mainly because I commute to work in a crammed train or underground and the germs are flying around. I am trying to take care of myself but when you are inches away from people and they are coughing, sneezing etc. it is just not that easy. My training of course suffered. I am finding it very difficult to get into grove of training when I don't feel well.

Last weekend we went down to our old neighbourhood because Shaun's unit was receiving their medals for the deployment in Afghanistan. It was a freezing day but it was lovely to see everyone. And HRH Prince Charles came and was awarding the medals. It was wonderful to catch up with some old friends but the time just went by far too quickly. We stayed the whole weekend since there was another party for us to go to - company that Shaun used to command was doing a welcome and farewell to few people, including us. Again, it was great to see them all but at the same time sad that we are not there any more. I miss living down there. I miss living by the sea. I miss my old running and cycling routes and my old masters swim squad. But most of all I miss all my friends. Life in the Army, eh!!!

On that note I am leaving you with couple of photos from the parade.

The company Shaun commanded in Aghanistan:




Prince Charles:



All together:

7 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Angelina, is Shaun in an infantry unit? I am curious about what their uniform is called that they are wearing in formation? Hope you feel 100% soon. Andrew has been working on a deal since May and the law firm they use is in Chcago so no one was able to go to work last week.

Angela and David said...

I hope your deal closes! Nothing worse than those last minute comments. And someone always brings something up at the end that threatens to kill the deal.

Nice that Shaun and his company were being honored. Cool that Prince Charles was there.

jessithompson said...

Sounds like a great weekend :) So glad hubby was honored!

Molly said...

The work thing sounds maddening - I go through similar rounds of review and approval with the documents I work on - AAAHH!

So glad to see Shaun honored - nice photos!

D said...

So I'm thinking to myself, "Why would Prince Charles award medals to American military personnel? Duh. I shouldn't be allowed to be awake without having caffeine.

Jennifer Harrison said...

GREAT pictures - very cool to see Shaun and Prince Charles - loved it. I HOPE you feel better this weekend!!!

m said...

Congrats to Shaun on the honor. I hope you start feeling better soon. All those germs on a crowded train--YUCK!